A QUIET PLACE REVIEW : Unique Storyline and Great Acting

A QUIET PLACE REVIEW *SPOILER ALERT*
Watched!!!
Time           :3:45pm
Day            : Saturday
Date           : 14th April 2018
X31iogxu

   Hello the folks on the internet! I am here again to talk about movies. Well, I thought I have watched movies that I should watched until I saw reviews on A Quite Place movie. It's a monster based movie but it gets such a high rate. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 95% rate and personally I think that's quite high for the movie. Ok, lets start.

   The movie is based around a unique storyline where the world is in 2020, and now terrorized by monsters that are blind but has really sharp hearing ability. So, the people learnt to live their life quietly, and they are not even talking to each other! However, this movie is in the perspective of a family. a father, a mother, a daughter, and two son. Right of the bat, the movie start with showing the family scavenging for supplies in an abandoned store and they look very careful not to make any noise at all. They speak through sign language, and they walk barefoot on a sand trail they made. The father is played by John Krasinski (Lee Abbot) while the mother is played by Emily Blunt named Evelyn. 

a-quiet-place-cast

   Viewers will have to wonder when they gonna start talking and why they don't. It's very clever of the director and the story writers to show the viewers what happen if you make a noise right at the beginning of the movie. You know, before viewers getting bored and trying to make sense of it all. The youngest child Beau(Cade Woodward), that don't know anything and has to be very stubborn make a noise with his toy spaceship and it would take you by surprise when a very fast creature run and grab him before his father could. This very scene would make you sit quietly and watch the movie without questioning why they don't make any sounds.


    I really think this is a unique movie in its own way, cause hey, they only use about seven actors and with just a couple of lines but they produce a great movie out of it just with superb acting and the storyline. Honestly, I think the trailer don't do them justice because lets admit it, you would think it is just an ok movie or maybe a bad one just by watching the trailer. You can watch it by clicking on the tittle up there, but I don't blame them for that because well, it is hard to pick a scene for a trailer when you only has a bunch of no dialogue scenes. 

   I don't want to talk about the summary of the story because most of you might already watched it anyway. I just wanna point out why they make such a fuss and giving great review to the movie. Like I said, it is mainly because of the acting. The way Lee and Evelyn live day by day struggling to keep their children safe is so real and it moved your heart. The sacrifices made by parent to save their love ones. However, kids being kids they don't really appreciate it enough till the very end, just like Regan (Millicent Simmonds) and Marcus (Noah Jupe), the children. Oh by the way, they also make Regan the daughter a deaf individual that need a hearing aid. This is in a way ironic cause here we are with a super hearing ability creature and on the other side there are a deaf girl try to survive from being preyed by it. By the way, the creature kinda remind me of Demmigorgon in The Stranger Things (a great tv series (S1 only) by Duffer Brothers). 

   Secondly, the unique back story, which is not yet produced by any other recent movies in its category, a monster based movie. That is why people all hype about it and gave it a high rating. I am not saying it don't deserve it, it is just not as mind blown as some other mind blowing movies before it. So I think an 80%-85% rating is just quite enough, not as high as 95%. This is because they still has room for improvement and I guess I have watched a bunch of great movies throughout the year. If you want to say it is 'one of the great' fine, I agree with you but if you say it is 'the greatest movie' well I think you don't watch enough greater movies in your life. :P . Sorry, not to sound so critical but I just say what is in my mind you see.

5acbb274facba81c008b4589-750-563

   When Avenger : Infinity War come out, I bet people will stop tweeting and posting about how this is a great movie on 2018. Oh and don't forget Fantastic Beast : The Crime of Grindelwald! XD

   However, I do admit A Quite Place will make you feel like 'oh, I never expect this turn out to be a great movie' feeling. I recommend you to watch it if you still don't before they stop showing it. You will be on the edge of your seat when Evelyn trying to deliver a baby quietly (Yeah, I bet you will feel like to scream along with her). Oh that is the most unsettling scene in the movie. If you fond of the curse words, you'll be saying 'oh sh*t' quite a lot. Lee, the father will show you the great length of a father would do to protect their children and if you fond of the water works, bring a tissue with you.

   No doubt it is one of the great movie I have watched but it still has a lot of unanswered questions and I am not good with this kind of movie, I mean I can try to deduce it but it just not fun that way. It still making my top 10 list anyway. So! A Quite Place is approved by Ibrahim Khaziq! Go watch it!

   To me, the greatest movie I have watched is Mother! ..... :P. Just kidding, the movie sucks in every way possible. Since we are on the topics, go watch The Greatest Showman, The Prestige, The Usual Suspect and some other potentially mind blowing movies. Those are some old movies, go check 'em out! Till next time!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense